Thursday, April 15, 2010

some flowers, a strawberry and a parade

April is the Month of the Military Child, and as you can imagine its kind of a big deal in our house. Rob chose the Army as his profession and I chose to marry and Army Officer and all that comes with it. I knew we would move around, I knew he would have to go places without us, the kids are just along for the ride and like most military kids, they take it in stride.

Sierra in her freshman year of high school has attended 7 or 8 different schools since Kindergarten. I couldn't tell you off the top of my head the address we were at 4 years ago, even though it was my favorite place, and forget trying to verify our last phone number. All but a few of my kids friends have a parent gone, just getting back or getting ready to leave for Iraq or Afghanistan.

In our world it is so normal that it takes a set aside time like the Month of the Military Child to remind us that it isn't the norm and most kids don't move to a new state every few years let alone have to say goodbye to Mom or Dad for a year at a time. It is a sacrifice they make not knowing any different. So with that said... go hug a Military child!

Hanging out the morning of Brayden's parade.




Lilly waiting for Daddy to sign on to Skype



Parade video, its shaky beause I was holding Lilly and or pushing a stroller. There is even a section where I thought I wasn't recording, love it!


1 comment:

Melissa@TheHappierHomemaker said...

Aww, the military child thing almost made me cry...knowing all the time that this time next year Randy won't be here is hard, especially knowing how tough its going to be on the kids. Glad you're over the half-way mark...let me know if you need anything.