Saturday, October 17, 2009

a cold cold soccer day


So today was a challenge. Both boys had soccer games at 9am on opposite ends of the field and to top that it was 38 degrees at 8:45 when we left. Buuurrrr. Sierra was going to watch Lilly at the house but I decided I would let her sleep in since she has been such a big help lately.

Both boys have the same coach, Ray and Wendy Shisler, who are super great people and everyone there knows I am flying solo these days so there was loads of support and noone seemed to let on that I was overwhelmed and disheveled at best. Child proof coffee tumbler in hand... and two water bottles, a set of keys and a toddler with both boys trailing behind arguing over who has bigger feet, I decide "I can do this".
So I over explain to Parker and Brayden "if you look up and mom isn't there I just ran to the other game" (mind you these games are like 4 fields away from each other, I am toting Lilly and its now a not so sunny 41 degrees) "if you need help you have Coach or Miss Wendy" then I repeat 3 more times to help compensate for my mommy guilt over things I 1. cannot control 2. am honestly doing my best at. Luckily the only incident was Bray got run over and bounced off his face, so not fun, but I was there to kiss him and he was fine.

All and all it worked. I have a blister from running back and forth and still haven't managed a shower but I did it.
Still at the house "GO LIONS"
Lil also loves my favorite baby proof coffee tumbler
Parker's warm up, he is closest to the camera.
Bray out in front with the ball
On the bench after a fast face bouncing recovery


1 comment:

W FAMILY said...

Yea You! :) There is a certain satisfaction in knowing that you accomplished the near impossible - and a soccer game with 3 kiddos is the impossible. The situationally single mom stint is not for the weak of heart or mind and you are rocking it. Go Carrie!!